World is full of natural and man-made wonders and making a list of ten must-see places in this huge world is a Herculean task. Of course, there will be people disagreeing from one school of thought to another, yet here is a list of ten places which is a delight to body and soul and will be an out of the world experience over all.
- Pyramids of Giza in Egypt- These 3800 years old monuments are the only intact relics of seven wonders. A tour of these pyramids is practically travelling to 2,560 BC. Pyramids will leave you surprised with its unique design which stood strong for more than forty centuries and still going strong.
- Yellowstone National Park, USA- This is a natural marvel. Primarily, it is located in Wyoming but spreads across Idaho and Montana as well. It is a volcanic hotspot along which a 3,500 sq miles recreation area has been created. It has everything- canyons, forests, exotic wild life, alpine rivers, hot springs and most importantly, hot geysers. The most visited of them are Old Faithful, Steamboat and Beehive Geysers.
- Salar de Uyumi, Bolivia- With spanning over 4,086 square miles, this is world's largest salt flat. During the rains, its reflectiveness is worth watching. Due to this clarity, satellites are calibrated here. For the same reason, it is called world's largest mirror as well.
- Victoria Falls, Zambia- This is a one-mile long and 350 feet high waterfall from where more than 260,000 gallons of water flow every second. This is a spectacular view and a must add in your bucket list.
- Crystalline Turquoise Lake in Jiuzhaigou National Park, China- When you want to see a riot of colours, crowd of tourists in pristine setting and a cluster of beautiful geographic marvels together in one place, visit Jiuzhaigou National Park in Min Mountains. The crystal clear lake with myriad of colours like green, yellow, turquoise, aqua blue etc makes it a breathtaking spot.
- Northern Lights in Iceland, Norway, Finland or Sweden- Now this is one must see option which comes with further options. Northern lights or Aurora Borealis are the celestial games of light and sound in the winter sky. It's an absolute delight to watch. Best Northern Lights can be seen from Reykjavik in Iceland, Svalbard in Norway, Kakslauttanen in Finland and Jukkasjarvi in Finland.
- Venice in Italy- Compared to the places mentioned above, Venice may sound mundane but a floating city is something you have not seen ever. A hustling bustling city is connected with only waterways is beyond any of your theoretical knowledge.
- Swiss Alps- You don't need to rush from a point to another ticking your checklist. When you are in Switzerland, enjoy the nature's beauty at its best. Get down at a random station, put your luggage in a locker room and explore the little towns in the mountains that are picture perfect.
- Machu Pichu, Peru- A visit to this Inca City is trekking into history. It is known to be the best architectural site of South America. A broad base rising up to a sharp peak gives a look of a human face. Take your time exploring the ruins and relics of more than 500 years old city.
- Cherry Blossoms in Japan- Once winter bids goodbye, spring makes its dramatic entry with cherry blossoms. Starting from late March to April end or sometimes early May, every nook and corner of Japan becomes magical with the pink blanket of flowers. Life suddenly becomes beautiful in this colourful atmosphere. You will never be able to erase this vision of pink splendour for the rest of your life.
|Yellowstone National Park, USA|
|Beautiful Venice, Italy|